Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bit Preoccupied

Morning. Been feeling pretty crappy last few days. My thyroid has been playing up and I am on a new pill to help relieve the symptoms of endometriosis and adenomysis. One lesson I have learned is that no matter what doctors say, if you know something is wrong push it until you get an answer and a doctor who will listen. For the last three years I have thought that with my mental health history, it was all in my head because most doctors basically inferred that this was the case. All it took was one great gynaecologist with the willingness to look past my illness and concentrate on the symptoms. He also noticed how swollen my thyroid was. Although, to be fair, I had an ultrasound for my thyroid about two years ago through my GP whom I have been seeing for 9 years. He noticed cysts just by looking at my neck. I have not been treated for it as it was bearable until now. I am on the path to getting a result for my thyroid too. I have thyroid function tests within range so it can be difficult diagnosis. On a totally different note, the American elections have started and I pray with all my heart that we have a win for Obama. I have a great feeling about this man and I think he may be able to teach us all something. Come on all Americans, make a change for all of us!!!! Anyway, take your health seriously and find someone who will listen to you. Over and out.

No comments: