Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Dark Side

It is dark and still. I cannot see the moon and i am only aware of the small cricket noises outside and the sound of my fridge.

I cannot sleep and the familiar, if not regular, feeling of urgency comes over me. My heart beats strongly and peacefully, letting me know that I am alive.

Borderline has taken much and given much. The most memorable is the all-consuming rage and my understanding of the "hunt". The prowl.

I am a werewolf, a vampire, a demon. I travel through my city on comfortably padded paws and feel ultimately powerful. I am superhuman and care not for humanity, for all its love and compassion and forgiveness. I take what I need and feel no remorse.

I also live with God. My werewolf and my God have been in tremendous battles over the years and ultimately my God has won.

I know you, werewolf. You are as familiar as the rising of the sun and the tides in the ocean. I have a close eye on where you reside and know how addictive and alluring you are. But I am not beholden to you anymore.

I will not be taken to the dark side. Welcome to the Demon run.

No comments: